Sponsored Links
-->

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Anna Hazare - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Video Wikipedia talk:Birthday Committee



Today's birthdays

Just did today's. One was an indef. blocked sock, one hasn't edited since 2011... should we clean up a little? All the best: Rich Farmbrough19:50, 31 May 2015 (UTC).

Much of the cleanup work has finally been done, both by myself and @Missionedit:. I am wondering now if I should go through the list of project members and remove those who are indeffed or have been inactive for a long time. Lepricavark (talk) 14:49, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
@Lepricavark: I've checked through the members from the top up though User:Wikigold96; if you want to give it a shot, go for it. I would remove blocked, retired, and long inactive users (eg. gone longer than 2 years). ~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 22:34, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
Okay, I'll try to get to that soon. Lepricavark (talk) 04:42, 29 September 2016 (UTC)

Maps Wikipedia talk:Birthday Committee



Process for creating new templates?

I just came across Template:First Edit Day 3, and I was going to add it to the list with all the others when I saw that it is apparently still awaiting approval. According to the edit history, the template has been awaiting approval for over 10 years now. What is the protocol for creating new templates and how do they become approved? Lepricavark (talk) 14:41, 28 September 2016 (UTC)

@Lepricavark: The Birthday Committee's leadership has been basically dead since 2007, when User:Steveo2 and User:Mr. Turcotte left. People pick up some work here and there, new editors join sometimes, but for the most part it's been every man for himself :) Since there really isn't any active membership to approve the template through consensus, and the template looks good to me, feel free to add the template to the main page. ~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 22:45, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
In that case, I will add it. Would it also be okay to create new templates and add them as well? Lepricavark (talk) 04:45, 29 September 2016 (UTC)
@Lepricavark: Since we seem to be the only active members of this project right now, that's fine. Just let me have a look at them before you put them on the page. Good luck! ~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 19:30, 30 September 2016 (UTC)
Ok, I'll do that. Lepricavark (talk) 21:37, 30 September 2016 (UTC)

New Apostolic Church - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


My birthday is coming

Dear All, This is a awesome idea wishing a birthday in recognition of USers contribution on Wikipedia, My birthday is 25th December. add me into wish list for birthday wishes..Thanks..--Jogi 007 (talk) 11:25, 17 December 2016 (UTC)

 Done. Lepricavark (talk) 23:05, 17 December 2016 (UTC)

Day of the Sun - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


New template?

Per the advice in the above thread entitled "Process for Creating New Templates", I present the newly-created Template:First Edit Day 4. I'm specifically pinging @Missionedit:, @Chris troutman:, and @Mz7:, all of whom I have noticed as active in using the templates, but I'd like feedback from anyone regarding whether this template can be added to the list on the main project page. I created it because I prefer templates that automatically sign, but the only one that currently does so is rather bland. Lepricavark (talk) 02:53, 23 December 2016 (UTC)

@Lepricavark: I approve both templates 3 and 4. Thanks for being proactive on this. Chris Troutman (talk) 03:07, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
@Chris troutman: Great, I'll update the template list accordingly. Thanks for your help in using the templates! I'm hoping to increase participation here. One further question: what process do you think is ideal for approving templates? Should we continue to use this talk page or set up a separate thread for future template creations? There is a fair amount of variety for birthday templates, but not many First Edit Day templates. Lepricavark (talk) 03:13, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
@Lepricavark: For the WikiProject, I'd prefer you just post to the talk, give it a week, and then be bold if no one objects. You could just be bold and let someone revert you and then we'll discuss. (WP:BRD) I don't see why we need more templates. We've already got the birthday, first, edit, and adminship anniversary covered. There shouldn't be much need to innovate on behalf of the WikiProject. Chris Troutman (talk) 04:06, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
@Chris troutman: Fair enough. I like variety and I do think we could stand to have a few more templates for First Edit Day. But it's certainly not an immediate need or anything of that nature. If I do make more in the future, I'll follow the protocol you outlined above. Regards, and have a Merry Christmas! Lepricavark (talk) 04:15, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
Noting here that I fully agree with Chris as to future updates. There's no longer any kind of coordination in this WikiProject, so the WP:BRD process strikes me as the best way to make improvements. Mz7 (talk) 03:47, 28 December 2016 (UTC)

Mawlid - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Deceased Wikipedians

I was about to send First Edit Day greetings to Dravecky (talk · contribs), but I was saddened to see that he has died. My instinct is to remove his name from Wikipedia:Birthday Committee/Calendar/June/7, but I wondered whether others might want to keep it there in his memory, or whether we should continue to send first edit anniversary greetings in his memory as well. What do you all think? Mz7 (talk) 21:19, 7 June 2017 (UTC)

I think removing his name is the most logical step. Lepricavark (talk) 21:43, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
I agree. The purpose of the list is to send out annual birthday wishes. Dead editors aren't going to be receiving birthday wishes, hence no reason to keep them on the list. Chris Troutman (talk) 00:15, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
Alright, thanks for the sensible input. I've gone ahead and removed his name from the calendar. Mz7 (talk) 01:35, 14 June 2017 (UTC)

Source of article : Wikipedia